The August Lepori Endowment
August Lepori or “Augie” as many knew him, was the President of the Petaluma Boys Club from 1950 to 1958 and was integral in the inception of the organization. Without his efforts the Petaluma Boys Club, now known as the Boys & Girls Clubs of Marin and Petaluma, would still just be a dream. Lepori was active in numerous business and community activities; he was chairman of the Selective Service Board of Sonoma County during World War II and served three years as the foreman of the Sonoma County grand jury. He was a 73-year member, past and grand exalted ruler and a past district deputy of the Elks Club in Petaluma, a 45-year Petaluma Rotary Club member and a Paul Harris Fellow. He was also founder and first master of ceremonies of the Petaluma Wrist Wrestling Contest.
In 1985 the Boys & Girls Clubs of Marin and Petaluma’s Board of Directors create the August Lepori Endowment Trust Fund to honr the “Father of the Club.” Only the earnings from the principal of the endowment trust can be used to support the Club’s programs thus keeping the principal intact and keeping the spirit of August alive as the endowment supports the Club. August Lepori was one of Petaluma’s leading citizens until his passing at the age of 94 in 1990. His daughter Carle Ann Lepori and son-in-law Dan Libarle are very active in the Petaluma community and continue to support the organization.