• 1949 - The Boys Club came about from an informal meeting after a youth was involved in an unlawful incident that caused the youth to be injured. A group of Petaluma businessmen got together to discuss ways of preventing future occurrences by implementing some type of constructive program.
  • 1950 - Petaluma Boys Club is founded November 6, 1950.
  • 1951 - The Petaluma Leghorns, a semi-pro football team coached by Gene Benedetti (a Boys' Club Board Member), was the first of a multitude of local businesses, organizations and individuals to raise funds and donate their time and services to construct the first clubhouse.
  • 1958 - Opened first Clubhouse on September 11, 1958 at 426 Eighth Street. Ed O'Neill was the Club's first Executive Director. August Lepori was named the first Board President.
  • 1958 - Petaluma Boys Club was incorporated September 15, 1958, and became a member of the Boys Club of America. Petaluma is the first Boys Club in the North Bay area to be formally recognized by the national organization.
  • 1960 - On March 22, 1960, Petaluma Boys Club admits girls aged 8 through 15 to join in a seven week Summer Vacation Program.
  • 1962 - The mothers of members of the Boys Club organize a club called the Petaluma Boys Club Moms and elect officers.
  • 1978 - Name changed to Petaluma Boys and Girls Club. One of the first Clubs in the United States to offer full services for girls.
  • 1983 - The Club Celebrates 25 Years of Serving the Petaluma Community.
  • 1986 - In July, Joyce Levine is named first woman President of the Board of Directors.
  • 1992 - Completed a $2.4 million Capital Campaign to renovate original branch and build a much needed second unit, the Lucchesi Clubhouse. This campaign was the largest fund-raising effort in the history of the City of Petaluma.
  • 1994 - On March 1, 1994, the Alphabet Soup Thrift Store is opened. A joint fund-raising venture by the Petaluma Boys and Girls Clubs and the Petaluma Educational Foundation.
  • 1998 - Over 40,000 youth served since 1958.
  • 1998 - Opened third Clubhouse on December 31th at Round Walk Village.
  • 2001 - Adopted expansion plan to open Clubs in all affordable housing complexes and to deepen impact of service through life-enhancing programs.
  • 2001 - Opened fourth Clubhouse on September 4th at Corona Ranch.
  • 2002 - Opened fifth Clubhouse on September 9,th at Old Elm Village.
  • 2005 - Opened sixth Clubhouse on June 10th at Washington Creek.
  • 2005 - Opened seventh Clubhouse on June 10th at Downtown River.
  • 2006 - Renovated gym at Lucchesi Clubhouse re-opens on June 12,th
  • 2007 - Opened eighth Clubhouse on January 15th at McDowell Elementary School.
  • 2007 - Opened ninth Clubhouse on February 05, 2007 at McKinley Elementary School.
  • 2007 - Opened tenth Clubhouse on November 14, 2007, at Bernard Eldredge School.
  • 2008 - The Club Celebrates 50 Years of Serving the Petaluma Community.
  • 2008 - Opened the first club in Marin County at Davidson Middle School.
  • 2009 - Davidson opened in January 2009

The Original 25 Board Members from 1958

August Lepori - President
George Tomasini - 1st Vice-President
Robert Acorne - 2nd Vice -President
Dolph Hill Jr. - Secretary / Treasurer

Robert Atkinson
Don Noriel
A.P. Behrens
William O'Shea Jr.
Gene Benedetti
Roger Pearson
Frank Catelli
Don Ramatici
George Dondero
Philip Schnee
Edward Frank
P. Douglas Schwobeda
Dom Fusaro
William Sovel
Jack Gallagher
H. H. Vogensen
Henry Gossage Jr.
Merle Wolfe
Vernon Jensen
Fred Klemenok
John Lounibos